You are here: General Information.
EuroCIS Seminars & Awards
The ancillary programme of Europe’s leading trade show for retail IT and security includes the EuroCIS Forum. It features short presentations with up-to-date practical examples spotlighting the projects, trends and developments in IT and security technology.
Visitors to EuroCIS can attend these compact presentations free of charge at the EuroCIS Forum within the exhibition hall and gain rapid insights into how things are developing in the industry.
The exhibitors and their retail partners show innovative approaches and explain how outstanding solutions are currently being implemented in practice. The topics dealt with in the Forum are just as varied as those of the EuroCIS itself.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Mobile devices for customers and employees – Where are these already being used and where could they be used
- Latest developments in self-checkout and self-scanning – Experience reports.
- Most recent developments in business intelligence
- Strategies for holistic cash management solutions
- RFID – Status quo and new ideas
- Mobile payment, mobile apps, location-based services, etc. – What are the current trends?
- Digital signage and e-services – Optimal communication at the POS
- Latest security technology – What is really useful?
- Workforce Management Systems– How to deploy personnel efficiently.
- The latest developments in payment terminals, ERP systems, POS Hardware and Software, and many other topics.
Venue: Hall 9 Time: daily 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. All free of charge, with no need for registration and at the very heart of the trade show.
- Multi-Channel Forum
Multi-channel is the new challenge – strategies for the retail world of the future.
From the consumer's point of view, sales channels don’t exist as separate entities but are combined at will when shopping around before deciding to buy. Consumers use different sales channels to meet different needs. Where the consumer actually purchases a product depends on many different factors. The multi-channel behaviour displayed by consumers is posing new challenges for the retail industry. To respond appropriately to this changed information-gathering and purchasing behaviour and make profitable use of it, the individual sales channels have to be effectively interlinked and balanced. Easily explained in theory, but many retailers seem to be experiencing problems putting this into practice.
The topics dealt with in the multi-channel forum include:
- From multi-channel sales to cross-channel added value – Which direction are things moving in and which strategies deliver successful results?
- Multi-channel habits of consumers – What advantages or disadvantages do consumers see in the various channels and how should retailers respond?
- The mobile challenge – How can retailers integrate the smartphone into their sales systems?
- Addressing (potential) customers directly through successful multi-channel marketing – Opportunities and challenges for retailers.
Moderated by Dr. Kai Hudetz
Venue: Hall 9 Time: Tue/Wed. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. All free of charge, with no need for registration and at the very heart of the trade show.
- retail technology awards europe (reta europe)
The 4th presentation of the coveted awards of the EHI Retail Institute for excellent, innovative IT solutions in retail. (By invitation only)
Venue: Rheinterrasse Date: February 19, 2013
More Information: http://www.reta-europe.com/
- Academy Award
EHI und GS1 Germany jointly present the Academy Award for exceptional scientific efforts which draw on innovative ideas and can be applied in retail. (by invitation only).
Venue: CCD South Date: February 20, 2013